After the great success of the 1st Edition of the Carlos Salas Scholarships, the Official College of Commercial Aviation Pilots (COPAC), the Spanish Airline Pilots Union (Sepla), and Global Training Aviation (GTA) announce the 2nd EDITION of the Carlos Salas Scholarships for young pilots.
This initiative aims to support future pilots in their access to the profession in order to overcome the economic barrier that its high cost represents and, at the same time, honor the figure of Carlos Salas (1961-2021) and his commitment and work in favor of the pilot profession.
We continue to grow and this year we are expanding the number of scholarships. We are going from 2 in the first edition to 8 scholarships. 3 gold scholarships and 5 silver scholarships, to fully or partially finance the type rating course of the aircraft chosen by the winners (A320, B737, ATR 500 or ATR 600), except for base training, takeoffs, and landings.
The process will open on April 27th through a form that will be active on this same page.
You can start preparing the necessary documentation to participate in this edition!
The requirements to access the scholarship are:
- Having obtained the CPL (A)- ATPL (A) "frozen" EASA pilot license in the 24 months prior to the call for the 2023 scholarships.
- Holding an EASA class 1 medical certificate.
- Presenting a recommendation letter from the training center.
- Having passed the university entrance exam (EVAU), or equivalent.
- Meeting the prerequisites to access a type rating at GTA before the scholarship selection process begins (see Annex I of the terms and conditions).
- Having Spanish nationality or being a citizen of a European Union country.
- Authorizing the organizing organizations to share the applicants' data among themselves for the purpose of supervising the documentation provided.
The evaluation of the applications will be carried out by a study commission that will assign a score to the candidates based on objective criteria. Candidates must pass a personal interview and a simulator test, to which the 15 applicants with the highest scores will have access.
The Official College of Commercial Aviation Pilots (COPAC), the Spanish Airline Pilots Union (Sepla) and Global Training Aviation (GTA) have announced the Carlos Salas Scholarships for young pilots. This initiative aims to support future pilots in their entry into the profession and, at the same time, to honour the memory of Carlos Salas (1961-2021) and his commitment and work in favour of the pilot profession. Two grants of 12,500 euros each will be awarded to finance the aircraft type rating course of the winning pilots in order to help overcome the economic barrier posed by its high cost.
The eligibility requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- To have obtained the CPL (A)- ATPL (A) "frozen" EASA Pilot Licence in the 36 months prior to the application date of the 2022 scholarships.
- Hold an EASA Class 1 medical certificate.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your training institution.
- Have passed the university entrance exam (EVAU) or equivalent.
- Fulfil the pre-requisites for admission to a GTA type rating course before the start of the selection process for the scholarships (see Annex I of the rules and regulations).
- Have Spanish nationality or nationality of a country of the European Union.
The evaluation of the applications will be carried out by a study commission, which will assign the candidates a score based on objective criteria. Candidates will have to pass a personal interview and a simulator test, to which the 10 candidates with the highest scores will be admitted.
In the Annex III we ask to present two specific documents following a model: cv and recommendation letter. You can download an editable version here:
1. Curriculum vitae mode (Spanish)
2. Recommendation letter model (Spanish)